Saturday, November 13, 2010

David Haye 'feeling tremendous' ahead of WBA heavyweight title defence

? 'I'm going to force him to fight,' says Haye
? Audley Harrison believes WBA title is his 'destiny'

David Haye and Audley Harrison engaged in one last verbal sparring session before Saturday's WBA heavyweight title fight. An intense build-up to the all-British encounter culminates in Haye's mandatory defence at Manchester's MEN Arena when the former friends turned bitter enemies finally square off.

"I feel tremendous," Haye said at today's final press conference. "We're about to go to war and it gives me a nice warm feeling. This is what I was born to do and I'm going to force him to fight.

"I hope he's ready to go every second of every round and I'm looking forward to giving a great night of boxing."

Harrison, the 2000 Olympic gold medallist, finally gets his shot at a professional world title after a decade of disappointment.

"It's my big night and I'm really looking forward to Saturday night," he said. "The Audley Harrison that won the Olympics and beat Danny Williams in our second fight will destroy David Haye. It's going to be a tough fight but ultimately I will prevail, it is my destiny.

"I've fallen in the past but never given up and Saturday night will be my crowning glory when Audley Harrison becomes heavyweight champion of the world."


guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2010 | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds

Amir Khan Roman Gonzales Oscar DeLa Hoya Giovani Segura

No comments:

Post a Comment