Wednesday, October 27, 2010

'King' Mo Lawal: I'm Done Holding My Tongue

Filed under: ,

Former Strikeforce champion "King" Mo Lawal thinks he did several things wrong in his loss to Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante back in August.

For one, he didn't use his wrestling as much as he should have, he said. For another, he was much too humble before the fight. No, that last part is not a typo.

"King" Mo - the man who is never at a loss for words, particularly when those words help him explain how much better he is than most of his peers - feels it was partly his pre-fight humility that hurt him in the cage.

"I wasn't me," he told MMA Fighting at last week's EA Sports MMA media event. "I thought I was going to win, but I tried to play all that humble sh-t. What it comes to is, that's not me. I know I'm the best, and I've got to be able to talk like I'm the best. I'm not going to do all that, 'Oh, he's a tough opponent' stuff. Not anymore. F--- that stuff. It doesn't work for me. I tried to do that so I wouldn't get this backlash, but it doesn't work for me. So now, people don't like me? F--- them."

Ivan Calderon Rafael Marquez Israel Vasquez

No comments:

Post a Comment